Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Word of the year


Have you chosen your Word of the Year?

Apparently, a Word of the Year is the new New Years resolution.
Basically, you choose one word that has the potential to inspire you
and create intention in your life, all year long.
I actually went back and forth on two different words.
the other being communication.
 Perhaps, I will blog about that word in an upcoming post.


However, the word I chose for 2012 is Serendipity.
It's meaning:
A fortunate accident

I've always loved the word. It's such a happy sounding word, right?
But it's such a contradiction.


The first time I heard this word I was a young child living in Utah.
We often visited an ice cream parlor in Salt Lake City called, Serendipity.
So, I have always correlated the word Serendipity to a yummy treat...
Mint Chocolate chip ice cream ( my favorite) never really knowing the
true definition of the word.

Until....
I watched the movie, 'Serendipity'.
Which is now my 2nd favorite movie,ever.
and is the inspiration for my Word of the Year.
( I will share my #1 movie later)



My life has been full of serendipitous moments thus far. 
Windfalls that were not anticipated but turned into something profound in my life.
I am finding that the less I worry about controlling the situations in my life,
allowing things to be what they will be and fall in to place on their own, the better.

Life's a mess. It's chaos personified.
And somehow through all the chaos and looking for that something you want...
you end up finding something else.
 Realizing that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

I don't know where life is going to take me.
 I've made plans and I've had them ripped apart right in my face.
 I have learned that no one is safe in lifes trials. Some have more than others but no one is free or safe from the choices others make which in turn effect your own life.

So, I choose to let life take me where it will ultimately take me.
 Determined to do the right thing for me and my children. 
Showing love & kindness & gratitude along the way
 with all the passion I can muster!
That is who I am. And I will continue to be.
 Life will not make me hard or cold as I have seen it do to so many.

 I welcome more "fortunate accidents" along this journey called life.
True love, education and a place to nest.
 It's that "spice" in the Spice of life!

Until next time...
Smiling doesn't always mean you are happy. Sometimes,it means you are strong


(Oh...and my #1 favorite movie..EVER.. is called 'Fools Rush In')





XOXO


 

 





No comments: