Wednesday, November 19, 2008

This has been bugging me so I thought I would blog about it....
So, I am feeling REALLY guilty about not getting my kid's pictures taken by a "professional" photographer.
If you want to know the REAL truth it is because I hate figuring out what they all will wear. To me, this is a big deal. I don't know why, it just is! I will go over it all in my mind and figure out what colors, style, etc the pictures should be and I go crazy thinking about it all and just don't even want to deal with it. Isn't that horrible?

Then, after you finally figure out what they all will wear ( and possibly have to buy 5 new shirts or something) it is a matter of scheduling conflicts. The best times to get the kids pictures taken is typically in the morning when everyone is rested and alert, right? But 3 of my kids are in school. I have seriously just thought of keeping the kids OUT of school just for this occassion.
Then, there is getting everyone dressed, happy, fed ( without spills on clothes, please), driving to the photo place, and then standing on the sidelines hoping that everyone looks at the camera person and smiles.

Honestly, the cost can be just as rediculous. I called a local, private photographer and they wanted 200.00 JUST to walk in the door. True, 150.00 goes to the purchase of the pictures but come on.
It's Christmas people!

Until my next predicament......
; )

1 comment:

Annie said...

lol... what a funny blog! but totally!
this is why i started doing it for so many family and friends! the number one reason i hated going in to take them was RUSHING US!
i mean, you get your kids all ready, hubby and YOU, OUT the door, and it never fails, the pictures ACTUALLY taken are NOT what you had in your head! and the picture ends up being a reminder of a hectic day!
lol.... i completly agree with you oin this one!
love ya