Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Giving props to Thanksgiving!

Yes, it's that time of year.....
Smack dab between Halloween and Christmas is Thanksgiving, right? It's crazy how the day after Halloween, radio stations start playing Christmas music ( which I do get excited for!), decorations are hung up, and Christmas shopping starts. With 5 kids I actually start shopping in August!
In my attempt to give props to Thanksgiving I came up with a list of the things I am thankful for.In no particular order...
( And I am thankful for so much more but...gotta keep this short,right?)

1. My husband who works hard for our family.
2. My 5 children. My life is so much more fulfilling with them in it!
3. Great family. I don't know what I'd do without such a great support.You have to be there for your family. A constant. And they are. Good times and bad.
4. Wonderful friends
5. The Gospel
6. Our healthy bodies
7. My life experiences and opportunities to live so many different places for if I hadn't I wouldn't have met the many, many wonderful people that I have in my life!
I tend to think of my experiences living so many places as my "mini mission"

That's what I'm grateful for, what about you?
Have a Happy Thanksgiving, eat lots of turkey, and if you're traveling....be safe!
PS. here are a couple of blooper pictures and the reason for my previous blog!
lol

2 comments:

Jacki Rich said...

Well, those Pictures are absolutely darling, weather they are prof. or not, you did great!! They even look like they are dressed cute!! I have been waiting for Thanksgiving to get out my christmas stuff!! Can't Wait!!
Happy Thanksgiving Day!!
-jacki

Unknown said...

Hi April and Family ~

Thank you for the kind email. Aunt Pattie is here with us in Idaho and we're (they're) in the midst of making out T-day meal.

Say hello to everyone. Enjoy your day and time together.

Love, Uncle Dave and Fam